Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57d8d100.hantslug.org.uk.16885': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Dec 1 20:58:49 2011 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
On Thursday 01 Dec 2011, Martin N wrote:
> Lo,
>
> At 20:58 30/11/2011, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Some time ago I mentioned I was changing phone company and ISP.
> >
> >For the record BT terminated my account correctly on the day I changed to
> >the PhoneCoop.
> >
> >TalkTalk are still billing me 4 months after they stopped providing
> >service. They keep promising that they will sort it out but they so far
> >keep failing! TalkTalk are scum, stay clear of them and if you are with
> >them then leave them
> >now!
> >
> >At the moment I've reported them to the Ombudsman and Ofcom - not that
> >they have even replied to my complaint...
>
> Oh pants, this is what i was worried about since i am on talktalk via
> originally signing up with Pipex.
>
> Have you got a direct debit you can cancel with your bank?
> This is how i handled ukonline when they ignored my move from
> ukonline to pipex.

When they were Nildram they were good, not so any more!

Until someone suggested I email the head honcho my next course of action was
to invoke my direct debit guarantee and force the bank to give me my money
back and let the bank and TalkTalk sort it out on their own...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.
    -- anon

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???