Re: [Hampshire] HAT IN RING

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HAT IN RING
** Colin Taylor <ft196home@???> [2011-12-01 12:51]:
>  Hi
>     I notice  that there is a problem  of getting  people  to stand for the
> committee. I didn’t volunteer as I'm a newbie as far as Linux is concerned.
> But what the hell if it keeps the lug going you can have me in a minor
> position. I'm retired and am in walking distance from the university with
> plenty of time on my hands.
>                                            Yours.
>                                           Colin(c0l1nux)
>                                        See you at the meeting.

> PS oops I notice that now only the chairman pos is vacant! If it's Just
> taking a few notes and sending emails OK if it requires a lot of Linux
> knowledge I wont be offended if you get someone else.

** end quote [Colin Taylor]

So long as you're not feeling obliged to volunteer for chair because nobody
else has stepped forward brilliant. There's quite a bit of organising involved,
but Linx experience is optional - although you may get the odd raised eyebrow
if all your emails are sent from Outlook and you circulate any documents as
.doc or .docx ;)