Re: [Hampshire] power problem

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] power problem

> Li batteries have good charge densities but don't last that
> long unless they are charged and discharged evenly (apparently).

It's even more complicated than that...

Li batteries suffer permanent degradation with time. The rate of
degradation is increased with heat and with charge.

So it would be reasonable to assume that it is best to keep a Li battery
discharged, and then charge it just before it needs to be used. And that
would be wrong; Li batteries that go into deep discharge die immediately.

I've given up on trying to keep them running. I just buy el cheapo units
from China and expect them to last somewhere around a year.

Vic.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???