Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.

Author: Wayne Lee
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.
> It would also be ideal If i could get routing working on the switch, since I
> will, eventually, use this switch to route between a number of VLANs in this
> building, and so, although the temporal effect is probably negligible, it
> seems it would be a better candidate to route between VLANs in this
> building.
>
> Steven

Hello

I missed the part that you would be routing between the vlans and not
just providing internet access to them. In this case you are better
off getting routing working on the switch rather than pushing all data
via the router (the switch will be faster anyways).

What I said earlier still stands, the vlans will not really be active
and respond to ping until you have something connected into them.

Wayne

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???