Re: [Hampshire] Linux Answers

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Answers
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 18:37:04 +0000, aeclist@??? said:

Alan, that is the most compelling argument for GNU/Linux I've ever heard:
thank you.

> The associations of both words Linux and geek
> are already not helpful in a public forum when marketing is attempted.
> At least that is my own direct experience. If you have better luck I
> would really be glad to know please.

Most of my experience with Linux is in a commercial context (I run a Linux
support and consultancy business). Linux in that context is perceived
(mostly) as more reliable that the obvious alternative. Sometimes price is
mentioned, but it's mostly stability. Geek never enters into the
conversation, although to be fair most of the people I talk to are
business people, and I suspect Linux and Windows are equally geeky to them.
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???