Re: [Hampshire] crippled system - is there any hope.

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] crippled system - is there any hope.
All you need is a compatible kernel and initrd image that is compatible
with your udev. I would install grub onto a flash stick, add the correct
kernel, and point grub to boot is, with the root fs being you current hd.
You will then be able to boot and fix you system.
Another option is to boot from a live cd and then chroot to the system you
wish to repair.
Make sure you understand what you are doing next time, and do not blindly
follow instructions you find on Google.