Re: [Hampshire] USB, PS/2 and 5 pin DIN keyboards

Author: Ian Park
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] USB, PS/2 and 5 pin DIN keyboards
On 22/04/12 13:20, Philip Henderson wrote:
> It might be worth contacting The Keyboard Company
> (http://www.keyboardco.com/) as they have years of experience with
> quality keyboards. If nothing else they will understand exactly what you
> mean when you describe your keyboard and may be able to offer a current
> model with a similar feel.
>
> I see they do an "Original IBM style keyboard, beige PS/2" - expensive,
> but this is probably the sort of thing you are after.
>
> Philip
>
> On 21/04/2012 18:25, Rob Malpass wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> How did you convert ps2 to USB?
>> Using the same gadget you mentioned in your 2nd email - 2xfemale ps2 to
>> 1xmale usb. Not even a "bing bong" - and I know the adapter is working -
>> tried it with other ps2 kbds and mice.
>>
>> Looks like I will have to replace the keyboard. Such a shame after all
>> these years. Still - you can't stop progress.
>>
>> Cheers
>> ROb
>>

>> --
>> Please post to: Hampshire@???

I have a Cherry G80 keyboard - very similar feel to the old IBM Series M
keyboard, but not so solidly built (euphemism for "heavy...). I'm very
well satisfied with it - decided to buy it when my old IBM Series M
developed a reluctance to work for the "1" key on the numeric keypad. A
friend whose PC I set up (with Ubuntu) also decided to go for the same
model. Cost was about £50 IIRC.

Ian
--
Ian Park