Re: [Hampshire] Old Macs

Author: Steve
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Old Macs
Evening,

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 02:54:10PM +0100, Martin N wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At 11:50 23/04/2012, you wrote:
> >** Martin N <martin.n@???> [2012-04-22 22:22]:
>
> snip
>
> >> It is usually the MDD (mirror drive door?) and quicksilver models
> >> that they look for.
> >** end quote [Martin N]
> >
> >These would be too old for that sadly. The Quicksilver I have I plan to keep
> >(may try MorphOS on it sometime) and the next oldest is a Sawtooth in the
> >'maybe going' pile!
>

> Yeah they would be too old to use then unless a kid wants to mess with it
> since it doesn't matter if it breaks

I have a couple of Macs I'm looking to move on in some way. One is a
Quicksilver 733 and the other is an older (Sawtooth?) 400MHz G4.
Unfortunately both machines should be considered not working for spares
or repair only. Like Paul, I'd like to clear some space :-)

Please contact me off-list for more info. The Quicksilver G4 is in
particularly good condition if you have a machine with a tatty case for
example. Free to a good home!

Cheers,
Steve

--