[Hampshire] Bring-a-box meeting: 12th May 2012, Nokia (Farnb…

Author: Robert Longstaff
To: surrey, hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Bring-a-box meeting: 12th May 2012, Nokia (Farnborough)
Hello. The next Surrey LUG Bring-a-box meeting will be on Saturday 12th
May at Nokia in Southwood (Farnborough) from 11am to 5pm.

Sadly, this is the *last* time we will be holding this event at the
Nokia Southwood building. I want to thank Bob Beattie for having made
available such a great venue to both us and Hants LUG over the years.

There are still spaces available for talks, presentations and workshops.
Don't be shy - do step up! You can add details of your talk on the
dedicated page at:

http://surrey.lug.org.uk/content/bab-may-2012

Alternatively, suggest a topic on the mailing list and see if
like-minded people are happy to share their knowledge or help you with a
problem. We have the use of a separate room with a projector for talks.

You must register with Bob if you plan to attend - email him your car
registration and next of kin contact details (no later than Thursday
10th May). His email address is:

robert.beattie [at] nokia.com

Details of how to get there are at:

http://surrey.lug.org.uk/Meetings/BringABox/NokiaSouthwood

When you arrive at the main gate of the Nokia campus, press the intercom
button and state that you're there for the Linux User Group meeting.

The campus is a bit of a distance from the stations in Farnborough so do
let the list know if you're able to offer lifts or collect people from
a station.

BTW As Ubuntu 12.04 (precise pangolin) has recently been released, I
have created both a live/installation CD and USB and will be bringing
those as well as ISOs of the other builds (e.g. xubuntu). Please ask me
first if you want to do an install so you don't need to max out the wifi
connection downloading them!

Hope to see you there.

Regards,

robert_