Re: [Hampshire] Quiet and cool PC running?

Author: Ally Biggs
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Quiet and cool PC running?

Pentium 4 is the problem, Netburst architecture was renound for running hot, Paired with a stock cooler and im not surpised that is making noise :), I wouldn't got for a E6750 slap up a bit of extra cash and go for a Q6600 granted these processors are a few years old but they still run anything you throw at them. Or I would go for the i5 2500k, which essentially is the successor to the Q6600, For the price you get a 3.7Ghz Quad Core processor which is capable of 4.6Ghz with a stock cooler.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-360-IN&tool=3

You might want to wait though Intel Ivy Bridge has only just been released so the older gen i3,i5,i7 will start to be reduced. I dont rate AMD or bulldozers at all I would go intel anyday of the week