[Hampshire] SMPT Authentification Methods for Hotmail

Author: Roger Munford via Hampshire
To: Hampshire
CC: Roger Munford
Subject: [Hampshire] SMPT Authentification Methods for Hotmail
I have been long retired but an old programme has come back to bite me.

Years ago I wrote a programme in Visual Foxpro using a Chilkat Active X
mail component so that the user can send invoices etc by email from the
programme.

However it has stopped working and it appears that the authentification
method used "LOGIN" is no longer supported.

It is a nice small family company and I would like to help.

I am resigned to having to getting the updated mail component but I am
having hdifficulties finding out what mathod would keep Hotmail happy
and what extra will have to be done to make the whole process work. Up
to now they only needed a password and username.

Thanks

Roger

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???