Re: [Hampshire] SMPT Authentification Methods for Hotmail

Author: Roger Munford via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Roger Munford
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SMPT Authentification Methods for Hotmail
Looks like we are heading to a happy ending.

I did spend some time looking at updating the code but it was looking
very complex especially since I have so little time. However it looked
like an interesting thing to do but not under pressure.

I managed to find a work around that keeps the invoices flowing albeit
at the cost of an extra hour per week so the pressure is off.

It looks like Adams suggestion of Mythic beasts is the better solution.

As a bonus, the company had a mish mash of providers, domains and emails
that had grown uncontrolled over the years and the staff had been crying
out for consolidation and it looks like this is going to happen.

As for the warm feeling, it is always nice when strangers help out when
you are not sure what to do. Back in the day this list could have 2 or 3
queries a day and the amount of time saved must have been significant.

So once again,

Thank you all for your help.

Roger

--