[Hampshire] md5 check

Author: hantslug
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] md5 check
I have truly Googled on several occasions and got nowhere.

I seem to remember that there is a command where if you put the md5sum of
anyprog and the iso of anyprog in the same directory and switched to that
directory you could get the command line to tell you whether the iso is all
right. So far recently I have managed by computing the md5 sum and comparing
the result and the supplied one manually.

But I have now got an md5sum file that does not appear to be humanly readable.
So I _need_ the command line to do it for me - but how??

Help!

Lisi