Re: [Hampshire] Subs

Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Subs
On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 02:15:16AM -0000, Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I can't be the only one of us who occasionally turns up to a meeting
> without a bean. I actually find it quite embarrassing to have to play
> dodge-the-tardis[1], and would much rather pay my dues ahead of time.

I know what you mean, I've turned up penniless to meetings before too. I just try to remember for next
time. The dues are of course voluntary, there's no requirement or pressure (IMO) to donate at all - nor
should there be (IMO).

> Whilst I know I don't come close to speaking for everyone here, I'd be
> much happier paying my quid a month (or whatever) & not having to deal
> with cash on meeting days, so is there a way I can pay on a standing-order
> sort of basis?

The LUG has a bank account so I guess if we gave out the details then it would be possible to do that via
the normal traditional method of direct transfer bank-bank rather than involving paypal/nochex/whatever.

In the past when I have been feeling flush I have donated to HantsLUG via nochex, and paid over the odds to
"cover" my dues for a few months ahead of time. That reduces the effort on my brain having to remember to
bring some money. If you do that then you can keep your own tally of how many months you have "paid for" up
front.

> I know PayPal do this (I'm renting a server on exactly that
> basis). I don't know what NoChex do (and the link from the home page fails
> miserably at present...)

It works here.

http://www.nochex.com/payme.asap?email=nochex@hantslug.org.uk

Cheers,