Re: [Hampshire] Subs

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Subs

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56988100.hantslug.org.uk.29912': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Nov 19 11:22:28 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I can't be the only one of us who occasionally turns up to a meeting
> without a bean. I actually find it quite embarrassing to have to play
> dodge-the-tardis[1], and would much rather pay my dues ahead of time.

A handful of LUG members have done this in the past via Nochex.

> Whilst I know I don't come close to speaking for everyone here, I'd be
> much happier paying my quid a month (or whatever) & not having to deal
> with cash on meeting days, so is there a way I can pay on a standing-order
> sort of basis? I know PayPal do this (I'm renting a server on exactly that
> basis). I don't know what NoChex do (and the link from the home page fails
> miserably at present...)

Well, I'll add to the "IWFM" chants here.

That aside, (and without wishing to be presumptuous) if you wanted to
cough up a year's worth of donations at the suggested amount, then you
could just donate £24 via Nochex and stick it on the calendar for this
time next year.

Alternatively, one thing that's been suggested in the past (by people
who've donated via Nochex) is that we (i.e. John) keep track of who
donated what via Nochex and when and then remind those people when
they've "used" their donation through meeting attendance.

> [1] When I'm working, at least. When I'm unemployed, I'm nigh-on
> unembarrassable[2].

I'd say that was true all the time. As demonstrated by your hair. ;)

Cheers,

Tony