[Hampshire] Re: Card game - (Bridge?)

Author: Richard Harrison
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Re: Card game - (Bridge?)
> I have just installed Kubuntu onto a PC of an elderly friend. and he
> is impressed (!) :-)
>
> However, one thing he really likes is bridge card game which he thinks
> is somehow available as a single player type of thing.
>
> Does anyone have any leads on this please? I do not think he would be
> averse to paying for a commercial program if necessary, but a foss
> version would make a nice point of course.

I was looking for something similar a while back.

One complication is the variety of bidding conventions existing in the
game, which effectively limit you to a UK product.

A number of apps exist to facilitate online shared play, but there is also
a need for solo play for the learner, which is not so well addressed. A
good project, anyone interested?

The least worst app I found is Winning Bridge[1] which uses the ACOL Weak
No-Trump system.

It's shareware for Windows that will run using WINE.

Richard

[1] http://www.winningbridge.com/