Re: [Hampshire] [OT] has anyone got XP

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Tony Whitmore, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] has anyone got XP
* Tony Whitmore (tony@???) wrote:
> Well, if someone has a box set of XP that they purchased off-the-shelf at PC
> World (or similar), that wouldn't be subject to the OEM restrictions. I
> believe it is a tranferrable licence. (Vista restricts the number of
> transfers, as I understand it.)

I have a feeling that I have read somewhere that Microsoft have
recanted on that one. I could be wrong, maybe someone needs to do
some research. Anybody want to read the EULA?

My quick scan would indicate that a full version can be reinstalled
any number of times, but not to share the software. If it was an
upgrade, then it can be reinstalled only once, if allowed by the
software that it was upgraded from.

If anybody wants the full details, go to microsoft.com and do a
search for "vista eula"

--
Philip Stubbs