[Hampshire] [OT] Tesco music downloads

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Tesco music downloads
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone has experienced this site. There's no real reason why Linux folk would (it seems wma only) but my question is a little more cynical...

I've tried to download some stuff but on the screen that asks for my card details, I receive no https:// and no padlock icon. A quick chat with their tech team told me that it is secure - but without these visible assurances, I'm not so sure. Can anyone who knows more about web security than me (not difficult I grant you) explain how it can be secure without these symbols?

Cheers
RobNo virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.