Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft makes claim on Linux code

Author: David Anderson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft makes claim on Linux code
John,

>> To install a program in Windows takes me no longer than 5 minutes. To
>> install into Linux can take me considerably longer.
>>
JC> Rubbish. Yum and apt takes minutes to install an application. You have
JC> thousands of applications that you can download for free.

To put this into perspective:
I need a program for music scoring. Looking into what is available
gives me Sibelius and Rosegarden.

On Windows Sibelius installs fine and I am able to get on with
writing my score.

I gave up on Rosegarden after a week or so of trying to get it to
work.

If I were a musician relying on a product for my livelihood, which
would I choose?

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:dma@pern.co.uk