Re: [Hampshire] Server crashing during backup

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Server crashing during backup
> Might be worth opening up the PC and checking that the fans are
> running okay and that the heatsinks aren't covered in a thick layer of
> dust (I normally close my eyes and blow real hard!)

It's also worth checking that there's still some heatsink compound between
the chip & the sink; the pre-printed stuff doesn't exactly flow, so if the
sink has wobbled about a bit since installation, it can migrate to the
edges where it does no good at all.

Note that if you remove the heatsink from the processor, you should
re-apply fresh compound, even if the old stuff looks OK.

Vic.