Re: [Hampshire] Spam

Top Page
Author: Steve Kemp
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Spam

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58213100.hantslug.org.uk.3393': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Nov 26 22:56:12 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key C0CFC6B3CD4C0D9D
On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 10:45:44PM +0000, Tim wrote:

> I have just been looking at the Debian administration guide which leads you
> through installing Pyzor but also suggests using spambayes. Now I don't know
> if this means having to stop using spamassassin or use both in conjunction
> with pyzor??

You could certainly use both, but I've found that spamassissin is
pretty greedy in terms of resources so personally I prefer never to
touch it!

Mostly this would come down to how well they worked individually.
I'd assume that if you're looking at adding something additional then
you're not happy with spamassassin - so in that case removing it
seems to be the obvious choice.

Personally I use pyzor, razor, and spambayes. (In addition to
some aggressive exim4 settings.)

Steve