Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Next meeting - 2nd December

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Next meeting - 2nd December

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56783100.hantslug.org.uk.22257': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Nov 26 14:20:19 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 02:04:51PM +0000, hantslug@??? wrote:
> Speaking as a perennial newbie, I would worry more about the
> audience. I can, and have, spend/t 10 minutes showing Kmail's paces
> at a BaB to someone who was looking to choose an email client and
> wanted to know about it. But I knew that on that occasion and
> speaking to that particular person I did in fact know more about
> that specific application. A LUG meeting talk would be quite
> another matter. I would know that the majority of my audience knew
> far more about my subject than I did - on any relevant subject you
> care to name.

That's untrue. Literally *every* HantsLUG talk I've been to (even
the ones I was giving), I found out at least something about the
subject that I didn't know. Even the ones that were targetted at the
total beginner.

> I cannot be alone in this. So it is not only that we feel that we
> do not know our subject well enough - it is the knowledge that
> almost everyone else does know the subject!

If you were to give that 10-minute talk about Kmail, probably
everything you'd say would be new to me, as I don't think I've even
seen it started, let alone used.

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
                   --- Ceci n'est pas une pipe:  | ---