Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Laptop Suitability

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Laptop Suitability

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Jacqui Caren wrote:

> I think the book price for the next model up is now 299 so ~270 for a
> s/h box with less of everything does not sound too good to me. Take a
> trip to a big staples such as reading and see if they have anything on
> offer (they are horrific at advertising online - you only see the
> bargains in the paper).

It really depends on how much quality matters to you (or the prospective
user), I was using an old IBM T22 (so slightly lower spec than the T23)
for a few weeks recently at work and I have to say it really was a great
machine, nice keyboard, solid build, reliable and robust.

If all you want to do is read email/surf and write letters the T23 is more
than up to the job and a quality machine to do it on.

    Andy