Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Virus scanner and Firewall for Windows

Author: Alasdair Ross
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Virus scanner and Firewall for Windows
I tried AVG and Zonealarm recently after removing Norton Internet Security
when my subscription ran out. Norton often seemed to have "issues"
(auto-protect feature randomly not starting up and needing to run a fix from
the net) and, whilst I felt protected, I probably won't go back to them.
I had some problems with Zonealarm (probably relating to the way I have to
connect to the internet at uni - PPPoE connection + PPTP) meaning that the
connection would drop and often pages wouldn't load first time. I've since
dropped ZA for Kerio which seems pretty customisable and has, so far, caused
me no problems.

You may need to check the licensing of these products carefully. Whilst
free versions are offered, the are often for home use only and thus you may
need to pay when using them in a business environment.

Obviously, on top of those I also have Spybot Search and Destroy and
Lavasoft AdAware...

Best,
-Alasdair-