Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Portable Audio Recording advice sought

Author: m.nuttall
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Portable Audio Recording advice sought
Quoting John Morton <jem.morton@???>:

> Philip Stubbs wrote:
> > I know that there are some who have been involved in this sort of
> > thing, so I thought I would ask.
> >
> > I have a need to record some audio. I will probably be able to patch
> > into the PA system. At the moment an audio cassette is used. The
> > problem with this is that normally more than one person wants a copy
> > of the recording, and copies of copies are not so good.
>

> I record a two hour meeting every month using Audacity running on TP600X
> so nothing special in the hardware department.
>

> > What I am after is a cheap and simple method of recording that can
> > then later be transferred to computer for editing and CD or MP3
> > creation. I am not after "Studio" quality. This is only spoken word.
> > It would also be good to be able to record at least two hours
> > uninterrupted.

They still make minidisc recorders and I like them as there is nothing as simple
to use and you can get 320 mins on a 80 min minidisc. There is HD but it didnt
take off in the uk and so the disks are expensive.
Minidisc has suffered with the ipod and is not researched anymore and is
starting to get harder to find disks for. It is however used by journalists and
radio stations and so like beta max will stay around for along time yet.

I would recommend mindisc but beware you may have to buy online and so isnt as
convenient in an emergency.

Martin N