Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Portable Audio Recording advice sought

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Portable Audio Recording advice sought
m.nuttall@??? wrote:

> They still make minidisc recorders and I like them as there is nothing as simple
> to use and you can get 320 mins on a 80 min minidisc. There is HD but it didnt
> take off in the uk and so the disks are expensive.
> Minidisc has suffered with the ipod and is not researched anymore and is
> starting to get harder to find disks for. It is however used by journalists and
> radio stations and so like beta max will stay around for along time yet.
>
> I would recommend mindisc but beware you may have to buy online and so isnt as
> convenient in an emergency.

Check out eBay - people were off-loading nearly new minidisc kit at
ridiculously low prices at one point, no doubt due to the mass-migration
to mp3 players.

If you are interested in this medium give me a shout off-list and I will
email a mate of mine who did have a high-end unit he was trying to flog
some time back. He is notoriously lazy in this department and may well
have it sat around gathering dust somehwere.

Sean