Re: [Hampshire] DIY Web Design Talk

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DIY Web Design Talk

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x574f4100.hantslug.org.uk.11805': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Dec 3 21:26:54 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Tim wrote:

> And to that point I have a question, I have a server which I have loaded
> Apache2 onto and gone throught the basic that the article I used outlined and
> if I enter the ip address in the browser I get a page back. But how do I
> upload files to the server. I would like to continue to use my existing
> debian box to build my site but load them onto the server to test them. I
> assumed ftp but when I tried that quickly failed??

You can use any method you like, with FTP or SCP being the most common.
If you want to use FTP, you'll need to install and configure an FTP
server manually. If you already have SSH access to the webserver, you
can use SCP (or the GUI front ends to it) to copy files with no extra
software required.

HTH,

Tony