[Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms

Author: Philip Henderson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms
I have used a program called Powermarks [1] on my windows box for many
years, being (for me) the most logical and intuitive way of bookmarking
web pages. It strength is that it has no category structure using
folders like most bookmarking systems built into browsers. At the point
of bookmarking it stores the meta words for the page as keywords which
you can manually add to at that point, or edit later. Importantly,
there is no hierarchy.

To retrieve or find a link the user types in a word relating to the
required page / site and Powermarks automatically filters out every
bookmark that does not have this keyword. You can type additional words
to narrow the search further. This is so much easier to find stuff and
it scores greatly where you have web pages or sites that could very
easily fit in two or more pigeon holes.

Sorry for the length of above but if you have never seen this approach
it takes a little explaining - which I hope I have done sufficiently -
if not look at the link [1].

Now to my question...
I would like a similar system where I could access a single repository
of links from both linux and windows boxes, presumably keeping the main
file on a server. Any ideas, suggestions or recommendations would be
greatly appreciated.

Currently I have links stored on each of the boxes I use, some in a
Powermarks file (incidentally stored as an .htm file) some in the usual
Firefox bookmark method. I'm always using the wrong box!

Kaylon do not do a version of Powermarks for Linux, although they say it
will come.

TIA
Philip

[1] http://www.kaylon.com/power.html