Re: [Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms

Author: Alex
To: Philip.Henderson, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms
Now to my question...
> I would like a similar system where I could access a single repository
> of links from both linux and windows boxes, presumably keeping the main
> file on a server. Any ideas, suggestions or recommendations would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Currently I have links stored on each of the boxes I use, some in a
> Powermarks file (incidentally stored as an .htm file) some in the usual
> Firefox bookmark method. I'm always using the wrong box!
>
> Kaylon do not do a version of Powermarks for Linux, although they say it
> will come.
>
> TIA
> Philip

Google has a plugin [0] for Firefox called browser-sync. You can sync
bookmarks, passwords (you can change all these) and cookies etc. You'll need
to install the plugin on each FF browser you might use, but it works on
Windows & Linux and does so quite well. Perhaps it's not as advanced as
you're looking for but just a suggestion.

Of course, it's all stored on Google's servers so you may not like that
aspect either.

Hope that helps,

--
Alex Collins