Re: [Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms

Author: Steve Kemp
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Bookmarks over multiple boxes and platforms
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 02:03:21PM +0000, Philip Henderson wrote:

> I would like a similar system where I could access a single repository
> of links from both linux and windows boxes, presumably keeping the main
> file on a server. Any ideas, suggestions or recommendations would be
> greatly appreciated.

I've been a big fan of "Insipid":

    http://www.neuro-tech.net/insipid/

You can see my public bookmarks at:

    http://bookmarks.steve.org.uk/

I did make a few minor tweaks so that the RSS feeds contained the tags
in use, etc.

One nice touch is that you can have public and private bookmarks and
the script has the ability to save a snapshot of a page at the time
you add the bookmark. (ie. It runs "wget newurl .." and saves it
in a temporary location on your server. Useful in case the bookmarked
site disappears.)

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/