Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem
On Thursday 07 Dec 2006 13:30, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
> I had a few problems a while back Zen support ask me to disconnect for
> thirty minutes so that the line would re sync when I connected again.
>
> Mind you my faith in Zen support went out of the window after that.  It
> didn't cure the problem.  So in an attempt to isolate the issue I took
> my router round to a friend he also uses Zen.  It seems he was having
> exactly the same fault.  Having tried my router on his line and his
> router on my line. All showed the same fault I reported our finding to
> Zen support.

I had the same fault - was offered the same solution - and it worked. So it
may be a problem that they had been having - at which rate, offering it as
worth trying in your case too was not unreasonable. And it wasn't the only
possible solution they offered as worth trying - I just tried it first
because it was the simplest and least trouble of the alternatives.

Lisi