Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem
hantslug@??? wrote:

> I had the same fault - was offered the same solution - and it worked. So it
> may be a problem that they had been having - at which rate, offering it as
> worth trying in your case too was not unreasonable. And it wasn't the only
> possible solution they offered as worth trying - I just tried it first
> because it was the simplest and least trouble of the alternatives.

My 9 month-old Soltek wasn't up to the job, despite good, reliable
service right up to the point I got MAXed. I replaced it with a Zyxel
P660HW and haven't looked back, getting a substantially quicker
connection than projected (quoted 4MB, actual 5-6MB).

That said, suck it and see. If it works you save yourself 40 quid, and
if you hit problems around stability that you can't resolve any other
way then think about a replacement.

Sean