Re: [Hampshire] Re: No more non-GPL Linux kernel modules?

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: No more non-GPL Linux kernel modules?
On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 14:09:27 +0000 (+0000), Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> I suspect there will be a lot of hot air then a sensible solution will
> be worked out. Debian's threat to ditch Firefox/Thunderbird seems to have
> improved the Mozilla Foundations attitude and a sensible solution appears to
> be in the offing now.

[snip]

It's just a shame that it often takes all this hassle and heat to
resolve some of these issues - they are a "waste of time" in terms of
no code gets written (although they improve understanding of certain
issues).

Debian also gets a lot of unfair flak over its stance. I remember a
whilst back about GPL Qt applications - which was a legal issue and
nothing else. Sure, we'd all have _liked_ Qt to be GPL (which is one
of the licenses you can now obtain it under), but the issue at the
time was that applications were mis-licensed.

Adrian
--
Adrian Bridgett - adrian@???
GPG key available on public key servers