[Hampshire] [Advert] Mini-ITX PC For Sale

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List, Dorset Linux Users Group
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] [Advert] Mini-ITX PC For Sale
I am thinking of building a new server for home, which means my current
mini-itx box will become available. It is a relatively simple beast but
quite sweet for all that:

- Chyang Fun 'Minicube' Case [1]
- EPIA 5000 (Fanless) Mini-ITX Motherboard [2]
- 2x 80GB Western Digital hard ATA drives
- 2 x 512Mb Kingston PC2100 RAM

The sharp-eyed amongst you will note the lack of an optical drive and
floppy. There is room for both, but only if you drop one of the hard
drives from the system, as I have the extra hard drive mounted in a
bracket where the CD/DVD would normally go. I currently run it headless,
and the only time I have need a CD ROM is for building it and
maintenance, when one was attached temporarily. IIRC it will PIXE boot.

It is utterly reliable, happily recording 100 days uptime in between
reboots [3] with the disks and the memory being error-free. It is quite
and cool, with the only noise that can be heard coming from the fan on
the 200W PSU, which can be completely silenced with a little extra
investment if required. It is currently running Debian Stable, and all
of the onboard sound, graphics and ports are recognised and functional.
It currently acts as a Web, file, mail and print server, and to the best
of my knowledge has sufficient grunt for this function in the home
environment.

I am looking for £150, with any additional delivery costs covered by the
purchaser, who is also welcome to collect in person. Please contact me
*off-list* if you are interested. I think I can supply the original
boxes, cds, instructions, etc. if needed.

Sean

[1] http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID=560
[2] http://linitx.com/product_info.php?products_id=1
[3] I reboot proactively rather than to correct any specific issues.