Re: [Hampshire] I Feel Guilty...!

Author: Gordon Scott
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] I Feel Guilty...!
Hi guys,

I believe in sowing seeds.

I'll tell people I do certain things, or I like certain things and I'll
give clues about why, but I never try to push them in `my' direction
(and I'm not suggesting you were doing that!).

I work on a gently proseletysing strategy, inserting little bits of
curiosity into peoples minds. I try to get over to them ny enthusiasm,
but it's just _my_ view. In the case of M$, I'm prepared also to
inject little bits of uncertainty and doubt. (Well, it's only fair).

I definitely _don't_ believe in hard sell, because I think it makes most
people fight back, even if they actually agree with me.

Just keep gently feeding that curiosity and maybe that uncertainty and
doubt, and quite a few people will eventually start to think your way.

I've been proseletysing Vegetarianism, Linux, Beekeeping and a few other
things, all for many years now. I don't expect to win them all. but I
win quite a good percentage.

There's a saying: "The Customer Is Always Rght"
Mot true. The customer can be wrong, that's his/her perogative.

And if/when they realise that, I never say "I told you so", either. I
just try to help.

ATB,
    Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.