[Hampshire] Re: I Feel Guilty...!

Author: Tim B - Systems
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Re: I Feel Guilty...!
Well, I don't see there's any problem with what you did. After all, you can't
set something up if you don't know how to do it. MS Outlook is not very
dissimilar to other clients for setting up, but a lot of other options are
not in obvious places.

Is he in a position where he NEEDS windows (ie. specific software won't run on
Linux)? if not, I suggest you let him play with a live CD for an evening. If
he still wants to use MS, fine, but he's now in a position to choose.

Personally I wouldn't use an MS mail client if you paid me lots of money. I've
finally managed to convince my father to use Kontact, but he uses Linux 90%
of the time anyway. My mother still uses Outlook because of work, but that's
because she needs Windows, and Outlook was easiest at the time.

With the exception of RISC-OS mail clients I haven't noticed many obvious
differences between the ones I've used (setup is a bit different on each).

Cheers,

Tim B.
--
Tim Brocklehurst Marine Design