Re: [Hampshire] relay_recipient_maps equivalent in Exim4?

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] relay_recipient_maps equivalent in Exim4?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e9c100.hantslug.org.uk.18472': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Dec 20 11:21:06 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 10:39:37AM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
>> Subject line says it all really. In postfix it's possible to specify a
>> relay_recipient_maps file which lists valid incoming e-mail addresses
>> and bins the rest. Is there a simple equivalent configuration option for
>> Exim 4?
>
> Yes and no.
>
>   I use virtual hosting as described here:
>     http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/140

> That means that I have one file per domain with contents like this:
>
>  /etc/exim4/virtual/steve.org.uk:
>    steve: steve@localhost
>    root: steve@localhost
>    *: :fail: I don't want your spam

Hmm, I host five domains through this Exim 4 install, so I already have
virtual hosting set up. In fact, it might even make it easier to
administrate the lists. So that user1@domain1 can be valid whilst
user1@domain2 isn't. Cool.

Does this automatically exclude RFC required addresses (e.g. postmaster)
or do I need an entry for them in each domain too?

Thanks,

Tony