Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Nokia 770 - Drool Drool

Top Page
Author: Andrew McDonald
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Nokia 770 - Drool Drool

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58053100.hantslug.org.uk.23169': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Dec 22 18:00:38 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key FCBBA9C8F2DEED36
On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 05:27:37PM +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> These look toy-tastic! Anyone got one?

Yep.

It is rather good. I probably haven't explored the full possibilities
of it, but have found it quite useful. The screen is excellent
resolution, clear and bright.

At a recent conference a colleague's laptop broke after the first day,
so he took over mine. I used my 770 to carry on reading e-mail and
using Jabber for the rest of the week (also rather lighter than a
laptop to carry around).

The first things I installed were xterm and ssh, which then gives me
remote access to my boxen at home. The web browser (a version of Opera)
seems to work well for the vast majority of web pages. It includes
flash support and real player.

Bluetooth works well with my phone, so I've also used that to get
Internet access via GPRS if I've wanted Internet access where there was
no WLAN.

It is the ideal device for getting your morning Internet-fix whilst
sitting in bed, eating breakfast. :-) (No keyboard to drop toast crumbs
in!)

Andrew
--
Andrew McDonald