Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Nokia 770 - Drool Drool

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Nokia 770 - Drool Drool

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Andrew McDonald wrote:

> It is rather good. I probably haven't explored the full possibilities of
> it, but have found it quite useful. The screen is excellent resolution,
> clear and bright.

I got to play with one briefly a few weeks ago and my impression was that
the screen was excellent.

> The first things I installed were xterm and ssh,

How easy is it to install software on? Is there some kind of package
management or are you installing from source?

> It is the ideal device for getting your morning Internet-fix whilst
> sitting in bed, eating breakfast. :-) (No keyboard to drop toast crumbs
> in!)

Actually the lack of keyboard is one of the things which makes me
hesitate. You mentioned both ssh and Jabber use, what is it like for data
entry?

Also how do you find the battery life? I really liked my old Zaurus for
features, but the poor battery life made it very limited in practical use.

Andy