Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Peter Gutmann on Vista Content Protecti…

Author: Jamie Webb
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Peter Gutmann on Vista Content Protection
On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 04:05:53PM +0000, Nick Chalk wrote:
> I'll be very surprised if a similar specification
> isn't developed for the next Windows Server
> release. The Tyans and Supermicros of the world
> are hardly likely to release products not
> compatible with Windows Server.

And you think they would be happy releasing products that don't work
with Linux? We are perhaps fortunate that this situation didn't occur
a few years back, but at this stage the manufacturers know that over
30% of the server boards they sell will be running Linux. They aren't
about to walk away from that.

/J