Re: [Hampshire] Digicam

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Digicam
On 07/01/07, Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:
> OK in /usr/share/doc/digikam/changlog.gz I found this
>
> [ Mark Purcell ]
> * Backport of 0.8.2 for etch as exiv2 library transition isn't going to
> happen..
> * Urgency medium as this fixes RC bug and rdepends on libexiv2
> as discussed on debian-release (Closes: #401416)
> * If you don't wish to downgrade, please track digikam-0.9 in experimental
> at least until after etch is released
>
> -- Debian KDE Extras Team <pkg-kde-extras@???> Fri, 22
> Dec 2006 10:26:13 +1100
>
> Which does suggest that there was a downgrade

My mistake. If you read #401416, you'll see the downgrade was from 0.9.0.

> There was no files listed with yesterdays date on them in either of the two
> files you listed John??

The date that files are changed is different from the date that they
make their way into testing. There's a two week delay from unstable to
testing, IIRC, and various checks to make sure that the package isn't
obviously horribly broken.