Re: [Hampshire] Digicam

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Digicam
On Sunday 07 January 2007 18:09, john lewis wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 17:47:38 +0000
>
> Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:
> > http://packages.debian.org/testing/graphics/digikam
>
> OK, I was looking for digiCam and not digiKam
>
> > Double checked my version and it says that it is 0.8.2 is there an
> > special cli incantation which may give me more detail on the
> > version I have??
>
> ls -al /var/cache/apt/archives/digi*
>
> then look at /usr/share/doc/digikam/changelog.gz for full details
> I'd use mc for this as it expands the gzipped file transparently
>
> --
> John Lewis
> Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application

OK in /usr/share/doc/digikam/changlog.gz I found this

[ Mark Purcell ]
* Backport of 0.8.2 for etch as exiv2 library transition isn't going to
happen..
* Urgency medium as this fixes RC bug and rdepends on libexiv2
as discussed on debian-release (Closes: #401416)
* If you don't wish to downgrade, please track digikam-0.9 in experimental
at least until after etch is released

-- Debian KDE Extras Team <pkg-kde-extras@???> Fri, 22
Dec 2006 10:26:13 +1100

Which does suggest that there was a downgrade

There was no files listed with yesterdays date on them in either of the two
files you listed John??

Tim

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html