Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu repositories

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu repositories

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x570d9100.hantslug.org.uk.29684': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jan 7 19:57:38 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 19:53 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 19:11 +0000, hantslug@??? wrote:
> > Having successfully installed KUbuntu 6.100 on a spare machine I set about
> > updating it in order to install the "missing" (from my point of view)
> > packages.
> >

> Hurrah!
>
> > I have googled till my fingers are sore. It took ages to discover that I
> > ought to have entered "Ubuntu repositories" as the search term, not "KUbuntu
> > repositories". I did so, and duly used the info I finally gathered to alter
> > my sources list. To no avail.
> >

> Ok, first thing is, don't start with google. For all things (K)Ubuntu at
> least start on their wiki [0], even if you move off somewhere else
> later.

Of course this:-

> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/

Should be https://wiki.kubuntu.com/ for you :)

It makes no difference, the content is the same, you just get a blue
style instead of the Ubuntu standard brown one :)