[Hampshire] Ubuntu repositories

Author: hantslug
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Ubuntu repositories
Having successfully installed KUbuntu 6.100 on a spare machine I set about
updating it in order to install the "missing" (from my point of view)
packages.

I have been trying at least to be friendly to it, Al, honest. ;-)

I have googled till my fingers are sore. It took ages to discover that I
ought to have entered "Ubuntu repositories" as the search term, not "KUbuntu
repositories". I did so, and duly used the info I finally gathered to alter
my sources list. To no avail.

Here is a sample of the error messages I am getting, from the edited
sources.list. But I got the same error from the original, and for every
package rither version attempted to get. I have deleted "gb" from the
beginning of the line (after http etc., of course) and added multiverse. (As
per the one example of a sources.list I found on the Ubuntu site.)

Err http://archive.ubuntu.com edgy-updates Release.gpg
Temporary failure resolving 'archive.ubuntu.com'

Help! Please! Pretty please! I am losing my hair fast enough at the moment
without my tearing it out. :-(

Lisi