Re: [Hampshire] More on the M$ and Novell deal

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] More on the M$ and Novell deal

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57669100.hantslug.org.uk.30021': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jan 7 19:56:15 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 14:08 +0000, John Cooper wrote:
> Andy Smith wrote:
>
> >"Duh, Linux is a threat. The rest of the article reads like hearsay FUD."
>
> >I particularly cannot imagine what a fantasy such as the following is doing in a supposedly credible news source:
>

> It isn't fantasy but it is FUD. It is someone applying their strategy to
> the type of meeting that would have been called and playing them at
> their own game. It shows the most likely reason of Embrace, extend and
> extinguish. They can't touch the GPL so trying to fragment the community
> is one way to try and reduce the threat.

So exactly which of the alleged "9 people" who were in that room wrote
the article then? Looks like pure speculation to me.

Cheers,
Al.