Re: [Hampshire] Digicam

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Digicam
On 07/01/07, Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:
> I running Debian Etch and up until last night had been running Digicam 0.8.3,
> just loaded it up today and its gone back to version 0.8.2 The 0.82 version
> has the flowery colour graphic screen when it starts up while 0.8.3 has a
> prairie dog (I think) on the graphic screen, also the checking of the albums
> has reverted back to the old style. There was nothing list about any packages
> being removed or downgraded

I think you may be mistaken. According to the digikam website, there
is no 0.8.3 version:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=42641&package_id=34800

> I remembr last night there was a update for digicam when I ran the apt-get
> update apt-get dist-upgrade but does anybody else use digicam and notice that
> it has gone back a version??

It's very unusual for packages to go back a version during updates,
not least because apt is designed to replace things with a higher
version number.

Maybe the splash screen artwork was changed in the update?

PS - It's best to spell the package correctly if you want help :)