Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD

Author: Chris Aitken
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD
> I can confirm this impression. As a fairly frequent visitor to the
> USA, I used to be able to pick up bargains at a considerable saving
> over U.K. prices. In particular, I would wait until my next trip
> before buying computing books, which were often sold in this country
> on a pound=dollar basis.
>
> Not any more! I've found recently that there's very little real
> difference between U.S.A. and U.K. prices.
>
> For REAL bargains, you must visit the middle-eastern Gulf states....!

Interesting - I visited the East coast a few time last year, and found
things to be alot cheaper - mainly due to the exchange rate.

New Hampshire (tax free) is just over the border from where I visit,
and there is a Costco there too, which is often cheaper than the other
stores in the area (and they have a worldwide guarantee).