Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD

Author: Chris Aitken
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD
> > I can confirm this impression. As a fairly frequent visitor to the
> > USA, I used to be able to pick up bargains at a considerable saving
> > over U.K. prices. In particular, I would wait until my next trip
> > before buying computing books, which were often sold in this country
> > on a pound=dollar basis.
> >
> > Not any more! I've found recently that there's very little real
> > difference between U.S.A. and U.K. prices.
> >
> > For REAL bargains, you must visit the middle-eastern Gulf states....!

I picked up a 500GB Western Digital MyBook Premium (USB2 & FW)
external hard disk for $219.99, which worked out to be £114.18. The
instore price was even cheaper than their web price (which I guess
includes delivery).

Now to get Edgy installed on it (either via a bootCD or special initrd
- i don't want to do anything to the work laptop).

Chris