Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Chris Aitken wrote:

> I picked up a 500GB Western Digital MyBook Premium (USB2 & FW)
> external hard disk for $219.99, which worked out to be ??114.18. The
> instore price was even cheaper than their web price (which I guess
> includes delivery).

While I hope you will be very happy together, that was kinda my point
earlier in this thread. I can find a similar spec unit (though admittedly
not the same brand name) for around 130 UKP, and personally for the sake
of 15 quid I'd rather buy in this country.

> Now to get Edgy installed on it (either via a bootCD or special initrd
> - i don't want to do anything to the work laptop).

Best of luck with that, I'd be interested in hearing how you did it once
it is all up and running.

Andy