Re: [Hampshire] Funny boot problem

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Funny boot problem
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:47:50 +0000
Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:

> Are you sure that the BIOS is set to include the hard drive in its
> list of boot devices? In only ask such an obvious question because
> I can't think of anything else to suggest.

I am pretty certain it is set to boot from CDROM first then hard disk
and no other devices.

There is no floppy drive, nor zip drive in this box which together
with USB drives are possible alternatives.

I will check the bios settings next time I need to reboot and
possibly make the hard drive the primary booting device. I shouldn't
need to boot from a CD other than as a rescue disk

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application